Monday 4 March 2013

Blog Post 1.3: What I need to know about research

Originally posted to eBridge, 5 February 2013

Reading through Colquhoon (2006) and watching Robertson's (2007)  video has really made me question the nature of research, and the assumptions that we all make. Trying to carry out research in an objective, scientific manner may not work very well for an educational context, because we must expect that results will differ greatly according to when & where we undertake our research - everyone has different perceptions of reality. Therefore positivist approaches are not as appropriate as interpretive or critical methods. Unfortunately since my background is very much in the positivist disciples, I will have to identify and ditch any assumptions that are influencing me this way…

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment